Railfest 2012

I’m back from England and I’ve brought some good (or so I hope) pictures! And of course the highlight of my trip was Railfest 2012, hosted by National Railway Museum in York. It was an awesome event to celebrate trains and railroading. At the center of attention on opening day, June 2, was the renaming ceremony of locomotive 91110, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. The Brits definitely take their trains seriously. At the ceremony, not only did a formation of Lancaster, Hurricane, and Spitfire fly by, a priest was also present to say a prayer for the 91110 and gave her blessing of water.

Anyway, a picture says a thousand words; I shall leave you to the photos I’ve taken at this wonderful event the NRM has put together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Briefly on the AAR Coupler Part 2

Amtrak NPCU

Bombardier IORE