What I think a so very fascinating page on Wikipedia

So at this very moment that I'm getting ready to update my blog for this coming week, I am fascinated by this Wikipedia page on the list of InterCity Express services offered by the Deustche Bahn. I know this probably makes me a total weirdo and nerd, but I just think the numbered lines are so neat.

ICE-International 1826 Bahnsteiganzeige.jpg
"ICE-International 1826 Bahnsteiganzeige" by Lüko Willms - eigene Aufnahme (german for: I took the picture myself). Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.5 via Wikimedia Commons.

Db-401064-01.jpg
"Db-401064-01" by K. Jähne - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 de via Wikimedia Commons.

It amazes me how many places one can go from Frankfurt by train (if you take a moment to look at the actual routes, wow), and in the very near future, there is supposed to be a direct service from Frankfurt to London St Pancras International.

Db-403xxx-09.jpg
"Db-403xxx-09" by K. Jähne - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.

Yes, many of the romantic and nostalgic long-distance services have been discontinued in Europe due to competitions from all fronts, but this still is a great time for train travel. And from the looks of things, it'll only get better from here on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Briefly on the AAR Coupler Part 2

Amtrak NPCU

Bombardier IORE