Oh the Arlanda Express

A glorious 22 minutes (plus an arm and a leg, or 540 SEK), that's what it took me to get between Stockholm Central Station and Arlanda Airport. Sweden is home to many trains I had blogged about (including this one) over the years. It wasn't, until now, had I seen any of them in real life.



In spite of being from North America, Swedish trains are wide. The 2+2 seating makes them look even wider on the inside (although it appears I had forgotten to take a picture of the train's interior). People would possibly have to shout across the row of seats in order to talk to their buddies on the other side of the aisle.

Arlanda Express terminal at Stockholm Central

Oh, by the way (as a PSA for people who plan to ride the train from Arlanda to Stockholm), there are three train stations in the underbellies of Arlanda Airport. Arlanda Central serves regular SJ and SL trains (which completely slipped my mind as soon as I saw the sign for the Arlanda Express), while Arlanda North and South serve exclusively Arlanda Express trains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Briefly on the AAR Coupler Part 2

Amtrak NPCU

Bombardier IORE